Donate to The Moth From Your Phone: Text to Give!
December 11, 2012
by Joan D. Firestone, Executive Director
Did you listen to our podcasts this year featuring, among others, Adam Gopnik, Molly Ringwald and Anthony Swofford? Perhaps you came to one of our 209 live shows in 17 cities across the country? Or heard the Moth Radio Hour, which played on 250 public radio stations and will go weekly in January?
Whether funny, sad or true; on your phone, radio or live, I hope that you enjoyed our stories this past year. We have a lot of exciting plans for 2013 but need your help, and donations, to make them possible. You can donate online or make a $10 contribution straight from your phone.
Here’s how it works:
- Pull out your mobile phone and enter 20222 as the recipient.
- Text the word MOTH and press “send.”
- Respond YES when prompted to confirm your $10 donation (this prevents fraud and erroneous transactions)
- A $10 charge will be added to your mobile bill, clearly identified as a donation to The Moth.
- Your donation will go to The Moth; your mobile provider does not keep any portion and your donation is completely tax-deductible.
- You will not incur any additional charges, other than the standard text message fees associated with your mobile plan.
- You can donate up to three times a month for a total of $30.
Thank you for your support.